Pipeline of project proposals
The pipeline of proposed priority climate resilience investment projects consists of 9 projects. Each priority project is linked to a number of CIP themes and investment programme components. The indicative cost of the priority projects is in the region of US$ 367 million. These priority projects are outlined below:
1. Climate resilience and disaster risk reduction in water management.
2. Building climate resilience of the irrigation infrastructure in the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. Building mudflow resilience in the communities in the south of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. Inter-farm system rehabilitation and agricultural performance improvement.
5. Transition to climatically optimized land-use practices: mitigation through adaptive and sustainable forest and pasture management with community leadership.
6. Facility for the climate resilient development of the Kyrgyz Republic’s small hydropower potential.
7. Second phase of the Central Asia Hydrometeorology Modernization Project (CAHMP).
8. Empowering food insecure and vulnerable communities through climate services and diversification of climate sensitive livelihoods in the Kyrgyz Republic.
9. Addressing sectoral (climatic) risks through ecosystem based approach for to climate change adaptation in the Kyrgyz Republic.